Q. How long does it take for Klone4.0 to develop the monoclonal cell line?
A：If customers provide cell pool, it takes1.5 months;
If customers provide sequence, 2.5 months is needed.
Q. Is the monoclonal yield of Klone4.0 higher than that of traditional methods?
A：Compared with traditional methods, Klone4.0 can screen far more cells. Therefore, usually K4 can abtain higher yield cells if it stars with the same cell pool.
Q. Will the cells displace during the high-throughput photographing?
A：It has been proved that the cell positions can remain traceable, which can meet the experiment requirements.
Q. Will selecting technologies damage the cells?
A：Experiments have showed that the technologies won’t damage any cells and the monoclonal formation rate is equivalent to that of traditional technologies.
Q. How to determine monoclonality?
A：Klone4.0 platform uses high-throughput photographing technologies to verify the monoclonality.
Q. Does Klone 4.0 have independent intellectual property rights?
A：The key technologies involved are all independently developed by GBB. We have a sound intellectual property matrix and IP layouts at domestic and overseas.
Q. How to authorize the vector cell line?
A：Cell lines provided by customers needn’t be authorized any more. If customers prefer to use the contracted cell lines of Klone4.0,
the license fee shall be calculated separately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Developed by Great Bay Bio, Klone4.0 is a biotechnological service platform focusing on cell line development. It can screen hundreds of thousands of cells at one time, obtain cell images, and quickly analyze and locate high-yield cells through AI technology and unique cell selecting technology. It can obtain high-yield and high-quality single cells in 4 hours.
Save up to 80 % workload
Develop cell lines in 1.5~2 months
More cell line candidates
Monoclone cells selection in 4 hours
Much higher Qp than the traditional way
Obtain high yield single cells in a short time
Predict the cell line stability in 15 days
Clonality in 4 Hours
Making cell line development easier and more efficient
In the world of biological drug development, once a certain protein or antibody is determined to show therapeutic value, the next step is to transfect that molecule to a cell pool and begin the process of cell line development. This is the fundamental beginning of bioprocessing for any new biologic and is, of course, an essential step to bringing these promising cures to the clinic. The industry focus for bioprocessing in recent years has been on faster completion times and higher expressing yields with many dollars spent to achieve this. Now Klone 4.0 accomplishes both in a manner that could potentially disrupt the bioprocessing industry, firstly by reducing development times by up to 80% as AI eliminates many of the laboratory pain points through GBB's proprietary deep machine learning techniques and algorithms and then by locating those cells with the highest expression capability in record time, in fact, approximately four hours.
Values of Klone 4.0
1. Higher Expression: Deep machine learning and AI intelligent prediction make it easier to find cells with high expression.
2. Up to 6 Times More Cell Line Candidates: Based upon September 2020 customer proof-of-concept data. Twenty-five (25) higher-yielding cell lines were derived using Klone 4.0 as compared to two (2) from a traditional cell line development method from the same cell pool. This surprise result goes beyond industry standards, providing customers with more options and more possibilities. Note: Individual results may vary, depending upon cell pool.
3. Stability Prediction: In the industry, we have pioneered to utilize deep machine learning to predict cell line stability in a short time.
4. Simple and Cost-effective Process: With "time and cost-saving" written into its DNA, AI delivered extraordinary fruits in cell line development for GBB, and GBB hopes to set a new industry standard and perhaps a new milestone in medicine by – bringing cures to the market faster while lowering patient costs.
Technology application of Klone4.0
1. Automated Imaging Technology: Rapid Acquisition of Cell-Based Attribute Data
An old buzzword in exploratory science and diagnostics goes like this, "have the picture, have the truth." A new buzzword prevailing in the medical industry is, "have the picture, have the AI." In recent years, all kinds of images such as X-ray, ultrasound, CT, NMR, etc. can be used for clinical judgment through artificial intelligence. In the departments of pathology, radiology, dermatology, oncology, and others that produce and use a large number of images are now themselves in a digital revolution. GBB's Klone 4.0 platform has applied this same imaging technology to the development of cell lines, screening, and categorizing hundreds of thousands of cell images at one time.
2. Digital Localization Technology: Rapid Analysis of Cell Data, Precise positioning of High-yield Cells
At the forefront of machine learning is deep learning, which uses complex hierarchical artificial neural networks. Deep learning is ideally suited for drug discovery because of its unprecedented ability to extract key features from raw unprocessed data or data sets. The Klone 4.0 platform also uses deep machine learning to make precise targeting of high-yield cells a reality.
3. Precise Selection: Ensuring Cell Monoclonality
To shorten the cell line development cycle and reduce labor costs and human error, the Klone4.0 platform utilizes a self-developed, robotic, single-cell selection machine to automatically select high-yield monoclones in a four-hour timeframe, providing customer feedback on Day 1.